You might have seen some of the popular sites providing you an option of bookmarklet, which you can drag to your favorites bar and after clicking on that it will perform some operation like opening a new window with pre populated information or performing something on current screen.
I will show you how to create simple bookmarklet in different browsers.
On clicking of this bookmarklet, we will just display some information in alert. This is just a kind of “Hello World” bookmarklet for those who don’t have idea about it. Same can be extended to implement more complex operations.
alert(“Hi, How are you ?”);
- To create a bookmarklet in google chrome, make sure your favorites bar is visible on screen.
- Right click on favorites bar and click on “Add Page…” option.
- It will show following screen
- In the Name tab, enter the name of your bookmark.
- Click Save and we are done.
Tell me if you can use it to create some kind of useful stuff for your use.