I will show you how to create simple bookmarklet in different browsers.
So on clicking of this bookmarklet, we will just display some information in alert. This is just a kind of “Hello World” bookmarklet for those who don’t have idea about it. Same can be extended to implement more complex operations.
alert(“Hi, How are you ?”);
- To create a bookmarklet in google chrome, make sure your favorites bar is visible on screen.
- Right click on favorites bar and click on “Add Page…” option.
- It will show following screen
- In the Name tab, enter the name of your bookmark.
- Click Save and we are done.
Whats the real use case ?
Tell me if you can use it to create some kind of useful stuff for your use and do share it with everyone.