Fix for Instamojo Payment Gateway Authorization Failed Error
Instamojo is one of the best payment gateway systems I have used but recently its giving Payment Gateway Authorization Failed error. Instamojo is quite easy to setup Instamojo payment gateway with WordPress & WooCommerce. They have a plugin for WordPress Woocommerce.
I had setup this payment gateway long time back, but recently it started showing “Payment Gateway Authorization Failed” error after upgrade. Read on to fix instamojo payment gateway authorization error.
The error occurs when someone tries to do a checkout from the cart. The error might be because of following reason
- If you’re using the plugin in “Test Mode” then make sure you’re using the credentials obtained from your test account.
- Another reason could be that your credentials are not valid anymore. This can happen when your account might be disabled.
You can find more information about this error on instamojo payment gateway authorization failed description page.
To fix instamojo payment gateway authorization error try following steps
- Login to your WordPress Admin panel.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Settings.
- Go to Payments tab.
- Click on Instamojo.
- Under API Credentials, check if you have “Client ID” & “Client Secret” information entered.
- If its not there then you need to put that information there.
How to get “Client ID” & “Client Secret” from Instamojo settings or configuration ?
- Login to your Instamojo account.
- Go to “API & Plugins” section.
- You will find a button “Create new Credentials” there.
- Click on that and select the platform for which you would like to generate credentials.
- Once selected, click on “Generate Credentials”.
- It will show you “Client ID” & “Client Secret”.
- Copy those credentials and put it back in the WordPress WooCommerce configuration fields.
Did it resolve your problem ? If you found any other solution, let us know. Instamojo website also has good documentation on how to integrate Instamojo payment gateway with wordpress or other systems.